If you’re like most people, then you vacuum your home on a regular basis. However, it’s important to understand that the inside of your home isn’t the only part that needs vacuuming.
It’s also important to regularly “vacuum” the outside of your home, especially with fall just around the corner!
Fortunately, it’s very easy to do that if you own a good leaf vacuum. And, also fortunately, there are a lot of great leaf vacuums currently on the market.
In an effort to help you find the very best leaf vacuum to meet your needs, we have compiled this handy list of the top products currently on the market.
How We Chose Our Ratings
Jump to right section
- How We Chose Our Ratings
- Best Leaf Vacuum #8: The Worx TriVac
- Best Leaf Vacuum #7: The Toro Ultra Blower and Vacuum
- Best Leaf Vacuum #6: The GreenWorks Cordless Leaf Blower and Vacuum
- Best Leaf Vacuum #5: The Black and Decker Leaf Blower
- Best Leaf Vacuum #4: The Cub Cadet Chipper and Shredder Vacuum
- Best Leaf Vacuum #3: The Husqvarna 2 Cycle Gas Blower and Vacuum
- Best Leaf Vacuum #2: The Remington Leaf Blower with Vacuum Kit
- Best Leaf Vacuum #1: The Troy Bilt Lawn Vacuum
- Buyer’s Guide
- You’re Ready To Shop
Before we share our ratings with you, you’re probably wondering how we determined which leaf vacuums belong on the list. Well, rest assured that we did not take this decision lightly. Instead, we invested hours and hours into researching different options.
We looked at things like customer reviews and satisfaction ratings, consumer reports, brand reputation and data, and so much more. Basically, we did all of the research so that you don’t have to and so that you can make an informed decision about which leaf vacuum to purchase.
We do not have any ulterior motives, like selling you a particular product. Instead, we just want you to be empowered to make a smart decision about how to spend your money.
So, with that in mind, let’s get into our picks, which we’re proud to share with you!
Best Leaf Vacuum #8: The Worx TriVac
- [LEAF BLOWER, MULCHER & VACUUM] Yard work doesn’t stand a chance with this 3-in-1. And it’s fun to use. Leaves and...
- [QUICKLY SWITCH MODES] Changes from leaf blower to vacuum mode and back again with just the flip of a switch. No tools...
- [METAL MULCHER] The metal impeller cuts in two stages, chopping leaves down to an 18:1 mulch ratio – that’s 18 bags...
Not a lot of people are familiar with the Worx brand of products. That’s unfortunate, though, since this line produces a lot of great tools, one of them being the Worx Trivac.
While there are lots of things to love about this item, one of our favorite things is the fact that it’s more than just a leaf vacuum. It does tons of different jobs. Yes, this fast-moving, strong machine can vacuum leaves, but it can also be used as a grass and leaf blower and as a mulcher too, making it a great tool for a variety of your yard work needs.
We do wish that this vacuum had come equipped with some accessories or extras, but it’s basically just a simple multiple purpose machine. There’s nothing fancy here, but the tool does work and is overall effective.
Best Leaf Vacuum #7: The Toro Ultra Blower and Vacuum
- New larger metal impeller drives power and improved mulching
- Powerful up to 250 mph degree
- Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, power insert, concentrator nozzle and cord storage hook included; Extension cord not...
Yet another brand that isn’t super well-known but that still makes amazing products is Toro. There’s a lot to like about this company and its latest leaf vacuum.
For starters, we like the fact that this leaf vacuum is one of the more affordable ones on the market today. We also like how lightweight it is. Weighing in at only nine pounds, you can use it for plenty of time without your arm getting tired.
And, unlike our number 8 choice, this tool does come with lots of great extras, including a metal impeller.
You can change up the speed on this device as needed. Plus, it comes with a two-year warranty to protect your purchase, though bear in mind that warranties do sometimes vary depending on where you buy your item.
We do wish this tool wasn’t corded since the cord can be limiting and annoying.
Best Leaf Vacuum #6: The GreenWorks Cordless Leaf Blower and Vacuum
- 185 MPH / 340 CFM
- Up To 21 Minutes Run-Time On High In Blower Mode
- Brushless Motor Provides More Power, Performance, and Durability
We know that we keep including the lesser-known brands on our list, but does it really matter if you still get a great product?
And, we have to say that this offering from GreenWorks certainly qualifies as a great product.
One thing that we really like about it is the fact that it uses the same battery style and type as most other GreenWorks products. That means that, if you buy this leaf vacuum along with other GreenWorks products, you can interchange your battery as needed, saving you both time and hassle in the process.
Speaking of the battery, however, one disappointment that we have with this product is the fact that it does have a relatively short battery life. You can’t use it for very long periods of time without the battery dying, and the power waning is noticeable as you use the tool.
Despite this small flaw, we do like that you can use the tool on both wet and dry leaves. Plus, like other items on our list, it has other functions as well. You can use it not just as a leaf vacuum, but also as a mulcher and blower.
Yes, there are some things that we wish we could change about this product, but, overall, we think it’s pretty solid.
Best Leaf Vacuum #5: The Black and Decker Leaf Blower
- 3IN1 DESIGN – Easily converts into a corded leaf blower, leaf vacuum, or mulcher for versatile use.
- POWERFUL AIR SPEED AND AIRFLOW – Air speeds up to 250 mph and airflow up to 400 cfm deliver the power you need for...
- BACKPACK STYLE – Easy-to-wear backpack with up to 2x the bag capacity allows for hands-free operation.
We have finally come to the point in our best leaf vacuum list where we can list a product from a well-known brand.
This Black and Decker leaf vacuum is awesome and makes our list in large part due to its heavy-duty motor.
This is a 12 amp motor, and we found that it was incredibly effective at doing any job quickly and easily. It doesn’t just vacuum either. It can handle both mulching and blowing at high speeds for quick work.
Even better yet, you can choose from two different operating speeds, making this tool great for any job and allowing you to customize your experience.
Like the above option on our list, this one also works with both wet and dry leaves, so rain will no longer be a valid excuse for putting off your yard work.
Best Leaf Vacuum #4: The Cub Cadet Chipper and Shredder Vacuum
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes...
If you are looking for a serious leaf vacuum that can handle just about any job that you throw at it, this offering from Cub Cadet is for you.
We like this great tool because it can do just about anything. We found that, in addition to being an awesome leaf vacuum, it is also stellar at shredding both leaves and smaller branches.
Plus, we love the design that allows this machine to get into tight corners and spaces, satisfying even the most perfectionistic person.
Best Leaf Vacuum #3: The Husqvarna 2 Cycle Gas Blower and Vacuum
- X-TORQ ENGINE: The X-Torq engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60 Percent and increases fuel...
- UTILIZE FULL BLOW FORCE WITH MINIMAL ARM STRAIN: The offset handle makes the blow forces easier to control by preventing...
- HIGH BLOWING CAPACITY: The powerful and easy to start X-Torq engine in combination with efficient fan design delivers...
Now, we’re going back to the lesser-known brands. After all, as we have mentioned, being lesser-known does not mean being lesser quality. That truth certainly applies when it comes to this leaf vacuum.
While the price is a little on the steep side, we still think it’s a pretty awesome machine.
We like the fact that it’s gas-powered, which can be hard to find among tools of this type.
We also really like the flared nozzle, which allows for higher speeds and more power. Plus, you can adjust the fan power to get better control over each individual job.
This nifty little tool also works well as a mulcher, which is why we think it earns a place on our list.
Best Leaf Vacuum #2: The Remington Leaf Blower with Vacuum Kit
- 2-IN-1 BLOWER VACUUM: Great for blowing and vacuuming up debris during lawn care, yard work, and other projects that...
- 2-CYCLE GAS ENGINE: High velocity engine moves air at 205 mph in volumes up to 450 cfm displacing larger debris more...
- 10-to-1 DEBRIS REDUCTION RATIO: Vacuum significantly reduces the size of leaves and other debris meaning the bag...
If you’re hoping to spend less money and still get a great leaf vacuum, it’s definitely possible. This model proves it.
Obviously, we love the affordable price tag, especially since this model regularly goes on sale via different retailers and can be bought at even lower than average prices with careful shopping.
We also have to boast about the titanium blades, which are perfect for shredding and enable this model to last a long time.
Another nice feature is the speed setting selection option, which allows you to customize any yardwork job.
Best Leaf Vacuum #1: The Troy Bilt Lawn Vacuum
- Great for all your yard clean-up, this 2-in-1 machine is both a leaf blower and vacuum
- Premium 27cc 2-cycle full-crank engine produces air speeds up to 150 mph and 450 cfm for quick and efficient blowing
- JumpStart-capable engine eliminates the need to pull cord (Engine starter sold separately)
For our choice of the very best leaf vacuum, we had to go back to one of the lesser-known brands. That brand is Troy-Bilt, and the awesome model that it has recently come out with.
We’re sad to say that it’s the most expensive on our list, but we actually think that it’s worth the price, hence the high list position.
We like that it is self-propelled for super easy use (no sweating here!). Plus, it comes standard with lots of great features, including an amazingly effective hose extension that allows you to take care of even the tiniest of crevices and corners on your property.
Now that you have read through our picks, you are armed with a very handy guide and lots of great information for finding the best leaf vacuum possible.
With that said, however, you do not have to just go out and choose one from our list. While we have tried to make our list as comprehensive as possible, it is not the “end all” “be all” when it comes to choosing a leaf vacuum.
Thus, with that in mind, we suggest that you do some research and shopping of your own. Of course, that is made a whole lot easier if you know exactly what it is that you are looking for and how to look for it.
Pick Your Model First
As you start to shop for leaf blowers, you will quickly discover that there are all kinds of different models on the market. There are so many, in fact, that choosing what is right for you can be a bit overwhelming.
That is why we recommend that, at least at first, you take the step of choosing what type or style of leaf vacuum you would like.
Our list includes a diverse set of styles, but you can make your choice easier if you already have a style in mind.
If you don’t have any mobility issues and want a simple to use model, a handheld model might be for you. Some people, however, prefer a backpack model so that they only have to hold the actual tool part of the machine.
There are also push or walk-behind models that function much like a traditional lawnmower. These are often pricier than the other models but do allow for greater control. However, they can be hard to use for those with mobility issues.
By carefully deciding, ahead of time, which style works best for you, you can make your shopping quest a whole lot easier.
Choose Between Gas And Electric
Another thing that you will have to think about as you choose a leaf vacuum is whether you want a gas model or an electric model.
Gas models last longer and tend to be more powerful. However, they are also a lot noisier and require more maintenance.
Electric models are lighter, but you’re constrained by a cord. The upside, though, is that no maintenance or refueling is required, and you will have less noise to contend with.
Preferences vary widely, so it’s a good idea to look into both options and to make a careful decision about which one is best for you, preferably before you start shopping since this will further narrow the selection field.
You’re Ready To Shop
Now that you know all of this information, you are more than ready to choose the best leaf vacuum to meet your needs. Whether it’s one from our list or not, we wish you happy shopping!
Last update on 2021-10-17 at 12:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API